Thornbury Harbour is open for recreational use, including the launch ramps.
Updated May 22, 2020
Closed until further notice: Tomahawk Golf and Recreation Complex, playground structures, soccer fields, skateboard park, park shelters, beaches, picnic areas, and community centres. Tennis courts, diamonds and dog park are expected to open May 27.
Please be sure to practice the appropriate 2-meter physical distancing guideline whenever in a public setting and to adhere to the Provincial Orders of having groups of no more than 5 people.
41 Bruce Street North, Thornbury
- The Harbour is located at 41 Bruce Street North, Thornbury
- Take Highway 26 westward from Barrie or eastward from Owen Sound
- Thornbury is 20 km west of Collingwood and 12 km east of Meaford
- On reaching the stop lights at the centre of Town (Bruce Street), turn north towards the Bay and then right at the stop sign (Huron Street)
- The road descends steeply to the river then turns north to the Harbour
- Thornbury Harbour is located at the south end of Nottawasaga Bay between Collingwood and Meaford at the mouth of the Beaver River
- The only significant offshore hazards in the vicinity are the Mary Ward Shoals, 5 nm to the east of the harbour
- Approaching from the north, you will see the prominent Blue Mountain (150 meter high) to the east and a smaller escarpment to the west
- Another prominent landmark is the white Thornbury Water Tower which stands about 1 kilometer inland
- A fairway buoy "TT" is located at 44° 34.15' N, 80° 26.53' W, off the Harbour mouth. From this buoy the course to the end of the pier is 205° True
- The channel into the Harbour is to the left of the end of the pier
- A landfall light is located at the end of the pier, showing white if you are on course, red if you are to the right of the course, and green if you are to the left of the course
Link to Land Storage & Haul Out
Provides information about storing boats on harbour property including contact information and application forms
Link to Seasonal Mooring
Provides price schedules and information about seasonally mooring boats in the Thornbury Harbour
Link to Thornbury Fishway
Provides information for the Thornbury Fish Ladder and useful links for fishing rules and regulations
Link to Thornbury Yacht Club (TYC)
Provides information about the local Thornbury Yacht Club that operates out of the Harbour
Link to Transient Slips
Provides information about visiting the Harbour including applicable fees and forms for boaters seeking short term transient mooring
Link to Waiting List
Provides information about the application process required to obtain seasonal mooring in the Thornbury Harbour
Please report any harbour related issues or hazards to Harbour Staff as soon as possible.