Home | Accessibility | Staff Directory  

Compliments & Complaints

The Town is committed to a consistent and transparent process to respond to complaints received from members of the public regarding Town programs, facilities, services, staff, and operational procedures.

What is a Complaint? 

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the action or lack of action taken, operations, facilities or the service by the Town, or by a person or body acting on behalf of the Town.

A Complaint is Distinct From:

A Request for Service is a request made to the Town for a specific service, or to notify the Town that a scheduled service was not provided on time. Examples include:

For a request for compensation if you believe the Town is legally responsible for a bodily injury or property damage you have experienced, visit our Risk Management page or contact Risk Management Staff.

To send an opinion, comment or expression of interest in a Town program or service, contact General Information.

To send an expression of approval for a Town service, staff member, program, product, or process, contact the Town's Chief Administrative Officer.

For any other general enquiries, contact General Information.

Submitting a Complaint

The Town has established an internal procedure to ensure that all complaints are investigated using a consistent and uniform process. To submit a complaint, contact the Clerks Office.

To submit a formal complaint to the Town, you will be asked to provide the following information:

  • The name, phone number, email address and mailing address of the complainant
  • Background leading to the complaint
  • Date, time and locations of any incident
  • Names of any Town employees previously contacted regarding the complaint
  • Actions the complainant is requesting of the Town

All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.



Shawn Everitt
Chief Administrative Officer
519-599-3131 x234

By-law Enforcement
519-599-3131 x249

Clerk's Office
519-599-3131 x232